Recipe 001 - Aeropress
What you’ll need:
- An AeroPress & AeroPress filter
- Spoon for stirring
- 25g of coffee (ground coarsely - think rock salt!)
- Hot water - (aim for 203°)
- Decanter or mug
- A timer
1. Place your AeroPress on top of your scale and tare weight to zero.
2. Grind and weigh out 25 grams of coarsely ground coffee into the AeroPress chamber.
3. Pour hot water slowly onto the coffee grounds until the scale weighs 100 grams.
4. Proceed to stir the grounds slowly for 10 seconds and then add another 100 grams of water.
5. Attach the filter on top of the AeroPress while waiting another 30 seconds (for a total brew time of 1:15)
6. Place the paper filter in the cap and rinse with hot water to remove any papery taste; then screw the cap snugly onto the chamber of the AeroPress.
7. Proceed to slowly flip and press the AeroPress into your decanter.
8. Finally, add 70 grams of water (feel free to experiment to your liking).